Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Er-a-Er-a-Errrr! Wake Up!

This is your very own personal wake up call. What are you avoiding? What are you procrastinating about? Get honest here.
  • Do you need to make a phone call? (Call during lunch and it will be short.)
  • Have you taken any action toward a dream? A baby step will do.
  • Do you need a nap? Power naps are “in.” Or take a gentle nap.
  • Have you said “I love you” to someone who needs to hear it?
  • When was the last time you said “thank you” with eye contact?
  • Where do you need to change your perspective?
  • What are you looking for in life?
  • Are you being true to you?
  • Who are you spending your precious time with?


I don’t know who said this first, but I love the message:
“When you get a wake up call, answer the phone,
and when opportunity knocks, answer the door.”

You have an opportunity RIGHT NOW to take one small action that will make a difference. Just one small thing. Minor tweaking over time has a huge impact! Consider me your very own personal cheering section.
  • Read one page of that important book
  • Give one dollar to someone that feeds hungry people
  • Do one load of laundry
  • Contact one business lead
  • Say one sincere prayer
  • Brush away one tear
  • Ease one heart—your heart counts!

You can do this!

Love,
Aunt Laya

2 comments:

ballisticmushu said...

Shalom Laya,
Very nice bogging! I like the site it is organized and not too cluttered. Your points are clear and easy to hear. Keep up the awsome work! Also, here is some advice to you, drink a glass of water. I call it my morning water break....we need something to combat the Brittish! Lol!
Love, Rachel Tal and the little one

rutimizrachi said...

Dear Aunt Laya. What a pleasure to stumble onto a newborn blog! I read your missive in the NBN list, and was so impressed with your joyful love of life, I had to read what else you had written. (The eyes are still moist from the video of Jason McElwing.) I have noticed that aliyah and life in general have something in common: if you have a great attitude, the ride is easier. I know I didn't invent this one; but it is fascinating to watch how consistently it bears out. (I had a chiddush about marriage the other day that I will share with you another time... but it falls into the same category.) Anyway... I am writing this to tell you that I hope to lay eyes on you after we make aliyah, bs"d, in 2007. And, in the meantime, I give you a bracha that your work should be successful. Keep touching those hearts. Keep tweaking those attitudes. B'zman hazeh, we need this avodah more than perhaps any other.