Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Taking a hold on your home


Everything that happens in our lives is a symbol for what's happening on the inside of us. So like, if your house is a mess, could it be that you feel like a mess on the inside? Sometimes it doesn't even matter if you figure out the "why" part of things but just dive into taking action in baby steps.

There are a lot of people who don't have a handle on their homes. They live in clutter or messes and they feel helpless. Sometimes people are so trapped in perfectionism that they feel like if they can't get it right, then they don't even start. There are others who mostly have it together but could use some support.

Here is one of the best discoveries I've found on the Internet:
www.FlyLady.net

Sign up to get Flylady's emails. Don't be overwhelmed with them, she sends out a lot. What ever you don't read, don't save for later, just delete, delete. Sometimes just reading the headlines will change your day. Follow the baby steps there one at a time. Take your time, just take action!

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I don't look at a whole project, I look at what's the next little thing I can do.

I wrote my book after I heard a tape with motivational master Zig Ziglar say that her wrote a book by writing a page and a quarter a day! I thought, “I can do that!” And I did--a page a day. Then, in a way, the momentum of writing took on a life of its own.

If you can create success in one area of life, you can do it in another. One little bit at a time. And take good care of yourself along the way. You are SO worth it.

Okay folks, if you've been here before then you have a clue about me so what I'm going to say now won't surprise you. I also believe that you can change the world one smile at a time, one kind word at a time.

Let your heart and soul shine in the way that only you can!

Love,
Aunt Laya

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I like your writings and insight. You are talented..

Miss S. said...

Thank you for the FLYLady link; what a great site and idea!