Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Suicide


II regularly visit a blog called PostSecret (www.postsecret.blogspot.com). I'm often touched by this international art project where people tell their secrets. Maybe people find hope that they are not alone. Sometimes people feel so alone, like they're the only one dealing with something. Sometimes people just have some funny secret to share. The post card above is one that I found especially hopeful and touching and so I wanted to share it with you. Below is the email comment that was received about that card. I really wanted to share that too.
-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:58 PM
Subject: july suicide

five years ago i tried killing myself
since then my view of life has changed so much
i've learned to embrace every moment
thinking, "and i would have missed out on this"

Blessing of the day: May you find moments in each and every day that you can be grateful.

Love,
Aunt Laya

No comments: