Total Pageviews

Friday, January 05, 2007

Healing Sexual Abuse


"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome."

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

If you or someone you know has been sexually abused either as a child or as an adult, I'm here to tell you that healing is possible! If you have never been sexually abused, please read what I have to say anyway. If you are a teen reading this, please follow the link and learn about the five stages of abuse and the warning signs of an abusive relationship.


When ever you want, you can go to my website http://www.auntlaya.com/ and click on the chapter from my book about sexual abuse. Or you can go straight to the chapter right now with this link:



There are a lot of resources right here on the Internet for you, for your healing. I'll post some of those later on.


Sometimes people ask me, "How can I heal? I'll never be able to forget what happened." That's true, you'll always know what happened to you. Like a wound to your physical body though, it can stop hurting so much and the scar will fade with time. You'll always know what happened to you, but you'll also be able to create a rich life without pain coloring so much of your life. Sometimes the healing process itself is hard. Remember, it's a process, it's not something that happens all at once. Take your time. Be tender with yourself. You are not alone. You are never alone, even if it feels like it sometimes.


I'm loving you up as you take the journey toward healing,


Aunt Laya
Photo by Alex (o0o0xmods0o0o) at MorgueFile.com -- Thank you!

No comments: